Better Homes and Gardens is just my speed right now. Since we are new homeowners, I really enjoy the decorating tips, the gardening advice and of course, the recipes.
Are magazines becoming a lost art form? I feel like I have always loved reading magazines. I love books too, but sometimes you just want something light. It's great to just chill with a magazine. I love short blurbs of inspiration. I just told Alex that I want to make one of our walls in the kitchen or dining room a magnetic/chalkboard wall...not for Serena, but for me. I think it would be cool to put up recipes and articles up on the wall, to have a place to go for home inspiration.
|sort of like this|
|...or like this...only better|
Anyway, the point of this post was to share some of the cool tips I read in this months BHG issue.
Here they are, I am spreading the wealth:
1. Keep icebox cookie dough in your freezer to make homemade treats quickly.
2. If painting something a bright color, use gray primer.
3. To dress up place settings, use mini bouquets of branches from your yard tied with ribbon.
4. You can make a shitty fitting sweater look good... if you're Heidi Klum
5. Beauty tips: Use mascara on the inner lashes only to open up your eyes and make them rounder, use coconut oil on damaged hair: warm it, comb it into damp hair, after 15 minutes shampoo and condition it out.
6. Idiot beauty tip: For natural waves, curl your hair and use hairspray...no shit! LMAO.
7. Grapes are freshest this month. Store them in a covered container (I don't), but I will now.
8. Eat chocolate, of course a women's magazine will tell you this.