Day 8 of 25 day list challenge
08. Top 10 favorite movie or TV show characters of all time.
1. My first top favorite movie or TV character would have to be from my favorite movie, and that's Billy Madison from...Billy Madison. S watches me take a shower (that's how I keep her entertained while I get clean) and a lot of times I quote this movie...mostly the part where he's in the bath tub (with his voice) "shampoo is better I go on first and clean the hair...NO conditioner is better I leave the hair silky and smoothe! Oh really fool....REALLY..........STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!" and S laughs. I love quoting Billy Madison.
2. Tony Soprano from The Sopranos. Alex and I have been watching The Sopranos from the beginning. We are on Season 2, which he happens to own. I heard that James Gandolfini hated the character. I can see that. It does somewhat glorify the american mobster. He says the best shit though. Really. Tony Soprano is like the dude of all dudes, he's such a hardass, but at the same time, totally helpless and full of mommy issues. He's a middle aged out of shape mobster but kind of sexy because he is so ridiculously confident with women.
3. Jackson "Jax" Teller on Sons of Anarchy. I love him for some of the same reasons as Tony Soprano. He is so hot (sorry hubby) and so confident with women...he objectifies most women but he puts Tara (his love interest) on this pedestal that makes you want to be his "old lady" so bad. The biker club puts their "old ladies" at the top of the respect list. Jax is to me, the #1 badass bad boy on TV.
4. This is so silly, but Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City. She is a confident, sexually open, liberated writer in New York City who is fun, carefree and sexy. I need a shirt that says "I'm a Carrie". Everyone thinks they are the "Carrie" type, as much as people think their kid is the cutest. I don't necessarily want to be Carrie Bradshaw, but her character really opened up the doors for a lot of women to say "Hey, it's cool to speak openly about sex and think that fashion is important". It also gives the lifelong single girl something to be proud of.
5. My husband would agree with my fifth pick...the whole cast of the Golden Girls, Blanche Devereaux , Rose Nylund, Dorothy Zbornak, and Sophia Petrillo
Kevin Spacey as Lester Burnham
Detective Shane Vendrell from The Shield (TV show). Alex had me watch all of the seasons of The Shield (it's pretty addictive) and Shane is that douche bag guy that you love to hate. I think of all the characters of all time I hate him the most. He's such as asshole!!! I was so happy to get to the end of that show to see his demise.
9. Dr. Gregory House on House (TV show). I love the idea of an asshole doctor. Hugh Laurie does the best job of being a disabled, recovering pill addict, asshole doctor who you love and respect. I think it is so important for actors to make their roles like-able, even when the character is not so like-able. I love Dr.House. He is such a smart ass!