Back in the Saddle Again

Back in the Saddle Again...as Aerosmith rocks in my brain, I'm finally feeling, with my 4th at 9 months old, that I can finally be present and productive.  I was thinking the other day about The Artist's Way, a book I read years ago, that tells you how to harness your artistic ability.  I always remember the author saying that every week you should take time for your art, an "artist's date" with yourself.  I feel guilty now when I spend any time on my own pursuits.  Like, I gave up on that when I decided to pop out a shit ton of kids.  But I'm working on that.  I know that when I play on my guitar, read a book, exercise etc., that I am a better behaved mom.  Lord knows I have shitty times in every day.  I truly can't make it through a day where I don't get angry with one of the kids, my husband, or myself.  Will that ever change? I attribute this to me being a passionate person. I care too much.  I let them get to me.  It feels like a conspiracy.  

Back to the Saddle.  I'm going to try to write more, play more, yell less.  Every day is a blessing, I know that (#blessed). Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you can read this, then go get on that damn horse.

Comments

Popular Posts