Evolution of a Nap

My 2 year old is killing me.
She is in her room right now screaming that she is stuck in her laundry.  Should I let her out?
*Intermission*
Ok I'm back.
Let's see...it's 3pm now, we started before 1pm.
She was in there trying to be a one-man band.  I heard her guitar and keyboard playing simultaneously.
She came out.
She had a poopy diaper.
I changed it and came back out.
Then she was singing happy birthday to each one of the Pooh characters.
She came out.
She had a poopy diaper.
I changed it and came back out.
Then all was quiet until about 30 minutes ago.  I then smelled the Desitin factory through the draft in the doorway.  This can't be good.
I go in.
She has literally taken a brand new tube of Desitin and smeared it all over her legs, hands, arms, pants, shirt, the carpet in various places, her library books and the door.
I am dumbfounded.
I strip her to her diaper and make her lay down in bed while I clean it up.
She is laughing at me.
I do my best to clean it up, the carpet is done for.
I leave again.
Now we are where this post began.  She screams that her fingers are stuck in the laundry.
I go in.
She is naked.  Her diaper is in the laundry basket.
I change her diaper and while I am, she says "sing me a song" I say "what about a song about a little girl who was very bad and pissed off her mommy and ruined the carpet and wouldn't take a nap and is in big trouble...what about that...does that sound like a good song?"
She says "yes".
She is laughing at me.
At this point I am writing this and ignoring her.  I took out all the creams, so the only thing she could be into in there is her wipes, that's easy to clean.  I hear her playing with toys.
...in happier times
I told her that she can stay in there all day.  Fine by me.
...to be continued...

Comments

  1. I hate to break it to you, but she may be done with naps. Some kids (I was one of them) just don't take to naps by age 2.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts