Book it Up...Bookers

I haven't blogged this week because I have been reading like a....like a...what reads a lot?  Anyway, I finished The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins for my book club that I meet with on Monday nights (nerdy chick group) and it was awesome, it's supposed to be one of the first sensation novels and one of the best mystery novels ever written.  It's a classic and for good reason, not just because it is old.  I also finally finished The Shack, it was lent to me by my mom and grandma who liked it.  It's very sad, spiritual, fantastical, and a good read.  It took me like 9 months to read it because I always had something better to do.  Now I am sleep training Goo Goo (sleep training = exercising the demons) and so I read a lot while she is writhing around in her crib.  I started the next book for my club, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  You may have heard of it or even read it.  It's twilighty, meaning it is like young adult fiction, sci-fi-ey and basically an easy read.  It's actually pretty good so far...everyone keeps telling me it's pretty badass.  There are 3 in the series now, I think this first one came out in 2008.  Basically it's futuristic and this young girl gets sent to the Hunger Games (like the olympics only you don't want to go because you fight to the death) and that is all I know so far.

On other news, I finally got my first Entertainment Weekly that I ordered 2 months ago and I am stoked about 2011 in entertainment.  Here is what I am super excited about:

Parks and Recreation season 3
the new show Harry's Law with Kathy Bates
the movie Your Highness with James Franco and Danny McBride (my dream team)
the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds
Crazy Stupid Love with Steve Carrell and Ryan Gosling
Tina Fey's new book Bossypants (she is the funniest woman alive)
Swamplandia, a book by Karen Russell

Comments

  1. I've read all three of the Hunger Games books and loved them :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel actually recommended that series to me and they are on my wish list once I stop being lazy and add my gift cards to my nook ebook acount. I just got done reading Juliet by Anne Fortier. It's a spin on Romeo and Juliet following their ancestory through the years to present day...yadda yadda...it was supposed to be awesome but I thought it was just okay.

    I am dying to start a nerdy chick group ...I mean book club. So jealous. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts